Do you feel fatigued, sluggish, lack mental clarity, have trouble sleeping, crave junk foods, or just feel toxic?
These are just a few of the most common indicators of toxicity.
We are now living in a very toxic time. Our exposure to toxic substances has increased due to environmental pollution, chemicals in our food supply (pesticides, plastics, BPA, Teflon, etc..), and pharmaceutical and recreational drug use. 100,000 new chemicals have been created since WWII. Of these, only a fraction have been tested for their safety.
Even in the most pristine places on earth, scientists have found disturbing levels of man-made chemicals in the wildlife, plants, and water of these areas. They are released from smokestacks, dumped into oceans, lakes, and rivers….sprayed on food crops, and used in manufacturing. They are dispersed by the wind, rained down onto soil, taken up by plants and animals who eat the plants, and then by humans who eat the plants and animals.
There are more than 3,000 chemicals deliberately added to our food and the average home contains more than 1,000 chemicals (flame retardants on our furnishings, chemical cleaners, new carpeting, formaldehyde in furniture, etc..).
Because these toxins permeate our air, water, and food, they make their way into our bodies. The average American now carries a “body burden” of 700 or more synthetic chemicals. In 2005, the Environmental Working Group tested the umbilical cord blood of newborn babies and found over 200 chemicals! The babies were not protected from these toxins from their mother’s bodies during a critical developmental phase before birth. They found flame retardants, pesticides, Teflon residues, plastics, chemicals from fast food packaging, and many more. These chemicals have been linked to cancer, brain and nervous system disorders, birth defects, and developmental problems.
The human body was not designed to detoxify this many chemicals. Our liver enables our body to detoxify a certain amount, but then will store what it cannot detoxify in our fat cells. But when they are stored in our fat cells, they damage our cellular chemistry. And eventually cause symptoms and disease.
What can you do?
- First of all, reduce your exposure to the chemicals you have control over. Such as avoiding pesticides by eating organic foods, switching to less toxic personal care products, using more natural cleaners in your home, etc…
- Secondly, detoxify your body.
How to Detox
- Single organ cleanses, like colon cleanses, cleanse one area of the body. This is very important for someone with a history of constipation. I recommend everyone do a colon cleanse at least once in their life. If your large intestine is clogged with waste you are not eliminating, you will reabsorb toxins from it and become toxic. You cannot be healthy if you are reabsorbing toxic waste from your colon.
- Raw food diets and juice fasting are another way to detoxify the body. They enable the body to start to eliminate toxins. If you feel sluggish or have overindulged over the holidays, a juice fast is a good way to reboot your body. All you need is a juicer and some organic vegetables.
- The ultimate way to detoxify the entire body is through the use of a far-infrared sauna. A far-infrared sauna operates at a lower temperature than other types of saunas. It is proven to remove more of the toxins stored in our fat cells than other types of saunas or other cleanses. A sauna detox is much more than a single organ cleanse… it is a full body cleanse. It removes toxins from the body at the cellular level by removing them through the skin, which is our largest organ. Because of this, sauna detoxification takes the stress off of the liver and kidneys, which are usually already over-worked when someone is toxic.
I recovered from an incurable disease using a far-infrared sauna as one of the most important parts of my protocol. You can read my story here. Now, I use the sauna to maintain my health. It is the best investment I have made for our family’s health and well-being.
What You Can Do Now
- Do a juice fast. All you need is a juicer and some organic vegetables for your own do-it-yourself cleanse. Be sure to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of freshly made vegetable (not fruit) juice each day for best results. Here are some juicing recipes. Be sure to rent the movie, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead for some inspiration!
- Use a Far-infrared Sauna regularly. We offer sauna protocols if you already have a sauna and want to know how to use it for optimal results. Our Pure Body Detox Course will give you everything you need to know about detoxification. We also offer far-infrared sauna programs. Call us to sign up for a customized, individual far-infrared sauna detox at our office.
Detoxification really is the missing link to vibrant health, abundant energy, and mental clarity. Check out our Pure Body Detox Course if you want to learn more about detox.
This post is linked to: GrassfedMama, Momnivore’s Dilemma, A Life in Balance, Natural Living Mamma, Homegrown and Healthy, We are That family, Gluten free Homemaker, Whole New Mom, Real Food Forager, A HumbleBumble, Handy Man Crafty Woman, MindBodyandSoleOnline, This Silly Girls Life, All She Cooks, A Peek into My Paradise, She Eats, Small Foot Print Family